Sunday, September 20, 2009

Hokkaido Ramen

Jiaqi suggested trying the famous ramen at ION Orchard, the one which has a never-ending queue outside the restaurant. We queued and waited patiently for a table. Well, we did not really wait that long, probably about twenty minutes. That place was certainly not a place to have a cup of tea and chit chat. Most would just savour the ramen and make a quick move. I ordered Shoyu Tontoro Ramen, the soup was thick and rich. But thought it was a little salty for me. Wow, the pork was really tender! I also like the egg, the yolk was a little runny and soft, gilded beautifully in my mouth when mixed with the soup. It wasn't really that huge a serving but it's pretty enough to fill the stomach. We also ordered the softshell crab salad but it was a disappointment. The salad dressing was a little too much and too sour, could not also taste much of the softshell crab. As we left the restaurant, the queue of people waiting for a table remained long and the crowd remained persistent, determined to try the ramen. Hmm, well, I guess for me, it is always good to try new stuff but I think for this one, once would be enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment