Sunday, September 13, 2009

Instant...or maybe not so

My father was away on one of his golfing trips with his friends so I was kinda like the chauffeur for my mummy. She needed to go my uncle's place to pray to ancestors and my grandparents today. We went a few places to buy those stuff for praying before heading to gugu's place. Second Gugu came to help carry those stuff from the car, have not seen him for months, ha, he's kinda still the same, cigarette in his mouth. Well, except for maybe I just realised that he has aged but humour in him has not really changed much. Headed home around noon time right after giving my mummy a ride to gugu's place, dun usually hang around in these kinda meet up sessions, mostly meant for my mummy's siblings to catch up a little. Just before saying bye to Mummy, she warned me not to eat instant noodles for lunch, heh, I smiled. But I did feel like eating instant noodles then, with lotsa vegetables and fishballs! Well, headed to the wet market to get cai xin and fishballs. The uncle selling fishball was clearing up and decided to give me a discount of twenty cents :P One would usually be able to cook a bowl of instant noodles in minutes but maybe not so for me, I will make sure I spend time preparing those ingredients I like to include in my bowl of noodles, I guess it's not really that instant for me :P Wow, the soup was nice and sweet coz I used it to poach the cai xin and carrots. Simple lunch that I had prepared for myself but I savoured every bit of it, great satisfaction, yummy :)

2 comments:

  1. yummy yummy charlotte's favourite! so when r u coming over to cook for her?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, Charlotte can't eat too much of instant noodles k :P But would be a great pleasure to cook for her. Haha, sure, will find time to go over and cook for Princess Charlotte, heh, cook instant noodles :P Send my love to Charlotte and u have a wonderful trip with Dennis!

    ReplyDelete