Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Chef Mark


When Mark said that he wanted to cook dinner, I thought I had heard wrongly. If I can remember correctly, the last time he really cooked was hmm...was it probably about seven years ago? Wow, I mean, that was really a pleasant surprise! It's indeed my honour today to be able to taste the food that he was gonna cook. I was abit nosy so went to check out what he's cooking. First, it was the salad dressing...olive oil, soya sauce, chilli sauce, honey, Japanese sesame paste, pepper. Well, as for the rest, decided to just leave him alone to deal with the rest :P Dinner was whipped up pretty fast I must say, someone was really serious at work, ha! The toasted bread with fresh tomatoes, sardine and lettuce was my favourite! Creativity set in when soba was mixed with was it clam chowder? I thought the taste was just right but Mark found it too bland. The salad dressing was light with the correct sweetness, blended pretty well with the greens. But I wonder how it would taste if we added some lemon or orange juice to the dressing, tangy? Well, I am kinda impressed with the acclaimed 'anyhow-cooked' meal by the chef. Although just simple ingredients from the supermarket, great effort was needed to put everything together. I finished every bit of dinner. Dear Mark, thank you for the wonderful ingredients you have included in today's dinner...time, effort and thoughtfulness : )

No comments:

Post a Comment