Monday, September 7, 2009

Teochew Ah Muay

Have a cup of real bitter tea after your meal - the Teochew style

Traditional Teochew yam paste, with pumpkin and gingko nuts!
Miss Nicey Angeline wanted to recommend me this Teochew restaurant so we decided to head there this evening. Erm, is there something on my face that says I am kinda a glutton coz friends around me seemed to be recommending and bringing me to places to eat. Goodness, it must be my face :P Anyway, this Teochew restaurant is Chin Lee Restaurant. It's at Bedok North Road, located at Blk 115, #01-285. We were there pretty early so not many people. But according to Angeline, it's good to make reservation as it's usually quite crowded. Calvin also joined us for dinner. We ordered homemade tofu with mushroom (fresh and smooth!), roasted chicken with garlic (interesting but thought the garlic was kinda salty), sambal kangkong (vege was crunchy and sambal was nice!), fish maw soup (lotsa ingredients, I think my mummy will like it!) and fried kway tiao (Teochew style, good, not too oily). For dessert, we had the traditional yam paste, it was smooth and I really felt like a Teochew gal eating that, has just got that traditional flavour. My grandma will like it! Hmm, but we thought it was a bit too sweet. Realised that the menu also has some other interesting and traditional Teochew dishes. I think I am gonna bring my parents there one of these days. Heard the crispy pig trotters is good and should try the coffee pork ribs too, there seem many more kinds of dishes to try, greedy gal :P Thanks Miss Nicey Angeline for the recommendation! Thanks for the company too! Muack! :) Good, you are learning to enjoy yourself, ha, learning all the bad things from me!

4 comments:

  1. Dear Siew Boon,

    I am glad that you enjoyed the dinner... Hope I did not make the wrong recommendation :) Thanks for making the effort to spend time to have this wonderful dinner with Calvin and me and hee hee... of course you do not have the greedy face :)

    Ms Nicey Angeline

    ReplyDelete
  2. wait for me... i also want a good old teochew meal with you all..

    ReplyDelete
  3. tried that traditional teochew restnt there. in fact, it has been there for many years. Nice and authentic teochew food.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ms Nicey dearie, ha, wat a formal msg :P Hope you are enjoying your hols n try not to miss me too much k, ha!

    Sis dearie, we will go together when u come back k, muack! You owe me one big time for making me search all over for that watch :P C ya real soon dear, miss ya!

    Guiyu dearie, yup, my father said that restaurant has been around for a long time. Very authentic indeed, made me feel like speaking Teochew over there, ha! Next time, we speak Teochew when we meet up k, need ur help to brush up. Sorry, have postponed our date, forgive me k :P Have reserved a date for you liao...

    ReplyDelete