Sunday, April 10, 2011

Gimme the real stuff!



I believe it was a fruitful shopping trip for Ms Tan yesterday. Well, I suppose it was a good stress reliever for her too :P It was kinda late when we are done with shopping and we have not had dinner. We decided to head to Chomp Chomp at Serangoon Gardens for some local hawker fare, especially the BBQ stingray. The stingray did not disappoint, it was fresh and we liked the sambal chilli on top of it, as good as expected! It was quite some time since both of us really had ice kacang so decided to order one but unfortunately, it was not as good as we expected. We expected to taste the authentic ice kacang but we seemed to get the so-called modernised one. To me, it's not authentic coz of the ingredients in it (did not have the green stuff you find in chendol, red beans did not impress, no good blend of taste between ice and ingredients), the syrup (lacked the 'punch' and the taste of childhood) and the condensed milk (where on earth is it?)! I wonder if I have ordered from the wrong stall or is the real authentic ice kacang just an illusion and dream on my part?

2 comments:

  1. The stingray at Chomps is good.. Tt I agree! Yummy =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. As good as ever, glad it didn't disappoint :)

    ReplyDelete