Sunday, April 10, 2011

Their fate in autumn



I guess it's spring now but it seems and feels like autumn along the road just outside my house. The trees that lined the road are filled with yellow leaves. I remember walking along a path filled with fallen leaves while on my way to the MRT station. I could feel the crisp of them all with every step that I took. I remember looking out of the window while reading and saw numerous leaves swaying and waltzing their way from the trees down to the ground, their fate seemingly determined by that strong gust of wind. It's a beautiful sight... Just last Thursday afternoon, as I stepped into my room to get some stuff, I noticed three leaves on the floor of my room, ha, it must be the wind and I have left my windows opened too. Have had a good look at those leaves, love the blend of colours in every leaf, marvelled at the elegant veins that decorated the leaf blades with much poise. I placed all three of them on my window ledge, thinking maybe the next gust of wind might determine their next destination...

No comments:

Post a Comment