Monday, May 11, 2009

Chef Boon

Final product

Before it's placed in the steamer

Fried bee hoon

Today, I prepared dinner for the greatest woman of my life – my mummy :) My father’s out playing golf so decided to cook something simple for the both of us. I prepared fried bee hoon, with lotsa vegetables, slices of carrot and shitake mushroom. Bought a few pieces of tau kua and steamed them with stir fried onions, garlic, chilli slices and spring onion. Mixed XO sauce with stir fried onions and garlic before spreading them on the tau kua. Can’t help but feel that cooking could be a form of art, it’s really all up to you or the person who’s preparing the dish. There is always ample room for creativity and imagination. But of course, the skills, knowledge and techniques are pretty important too. Hmm, just like an art piece, not all would like the taste of what you cook but I am pretty sure there will be someone who will appreciate it. Those that I have prepared and cooked were not the best but both Mummy and I finished everything :)

Bro, thanks for your text about my blog entry…for sharing what I feel about Mummy. XF, Mummy said that brand of bee hoon we used just now is good and she thought you could bring some back to Switzerland when you are back in June. Ha, I told her you probably have not cooked that tub of noodles you brought over. I bet that bottle of XO sauce is not opened yet too if it’s not lost in the shipment :P…Mummy misses both of you, miss ya both too…

2 comments:

  1. Yeah u are absolutely correct.. I havent even open the tub of noodles.. And XO sauce arrived safely.. Bingo as well... havent open yet :P

    ReplyDelete