Friday, May 1, 2009

Labouring sickness

I do not like getting sick or even seeing a doctor, let alone taking medication. They just irk me at times. I was feeling unwell on Thursday but just thought I did not have enough sleep and rest. But it was kinda bad in the afternoon, I was feeling burning hot inside, a throbbing pain in my head and was having a bad throat, could even barely stand for five minutes. Have been plagued by my old gastric problem for the past few days too. Decided to leave workplace early to see Dr Chiew. To my disappointment, Dr Chiew was not in that afternoon and there was a relief doctor. No choice, still gotta see a doctor. He was an old uncle :P Sigh, no one can ever be compared to Dr Chiew. He has been my doctor ever since my school days, one can imagine the amount of trust I have in him. He is always so assuring, understanding, caring and meticulous. He is a good and patient listener despite having a long queue of patients waiting to see him. He will take time to explain my condition and how certain conditions are affecting parts of my body or organs. Then, he will explain how the medication he is going to prescribe will help me get better. He genuinely cares for my health and a few times, insisted that I take medical leave. He will even ask how many days I would need to rest. He feels that it is important to rest and of course be socially responsible. Ha, sometimes, he is just so capable of talking some sense in me. He’s a doctor with a good heart and maybe that explains why he has a big group of loyal patients. People do not mind waiting for an hour or more just to see him. Well, even though he’s a great doctor, I still wish that I need not visit him often. As for that old uncle doctor that I saw that afternoon, hmm, no comments, coz in my eyes, Dr Chiew has always been the best.

I had high fever, 39.1 degree celsius, I was feeling really terrible when I got home from the doctor. I knew I had to lie down. I took my medication, had a shower and went straight to bed. It was not a restful sleep. My head felt terrible, there seemed to be a huge fire burning all over inside my body but yet I was feeling cold, had my blanket over my body. The smell of my blanket did not bring much comfort at all. The music that I was playing did not help much too. Frankly speaking, I really wanted to cry…My mummy woke me up in the evening to have a bit of porridge but I could not remember what I was uttering to her, was also too weak to get out of bed, could not feel my limbs at all. They were like wobbling jelly. My mummy somewhat coaxed me out of bed coz she said that I needed food so that I could take my medication. Sat at the dining table and took a few spoonfuls of porridge and felt that I needed to lie down again. Frankly speaking, I have not slept so much in my life. I spent the whole of today sleeping too. My life today centres round my bed and the dining table for a little bit of food. It was great to have green bean soup this afternoon cooked by my mummy. She said that it would help to remove that great amount of heatiness in my body. Ha, despite my sickness, she would still continue sharing with me about her tour mates, the places she had visited, things she bought while she was on her trip. Thank goodness, my fever has gone down. But still feeling kinda groggy, I think I better quarantine myself this long weekend :( need to go sleep again soon lest being nagged by Mummy for sleeping late again…What a ‘labourious’ Labour Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment