Sunday, May 31, 2009

Diversity

I was driving on the road today behind a mini lorry. The lorry was carrying sacks of stuff and on top of those sacks sat a foreign worker. It started to drizzle and then within seconds, there was a heavy downpour. The foreign worker quickly opened an umbrella but it was broken and one would probably expect that umbrella to be found amongst rubbish in a rubbish bin, probably not usable at all. The umbrella could hardly shield him from the rain. He was also struggling to cover his pants with an empty sack, hoping that his pants would not get wet but I doubt that was of much help...It didn't feel good at all to see what's happening in front of my eyes. At that very moment, I just wished the rain would stop so that he would not be drenched, or at least the driver in front would allow him to sit next to him, sheltered from the heavy downpour... You know, they say that life is never fair, indeed it isn't. All of us, every human being belongs to the same world but we could lead very different lives. Well, someone may be wondering what's the next branded bag that he or she could buy but yet, someone could be wondering if there could be a bit of chicken, maybe one or two pieces, to go with curry gravy and plain rice that evening for dinner. I know and I am sure I am blessed... I hope that the man did not get soaked from the rain and that he's well and fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment