Thursday, May 14, 2009

A good breakfast

Today, I just realised that my school canteen sells Ramly (correct spelling?) burger. I ordered one for my breakfast and I saw Uncle prepare the burger. An egg was pan fried in a frying pan, a big dash of pepper on the egg and then the meat pattie was placed on the egg. The pattie was kinda ‘wrapped’ by the egg and then placed in a big bun, added lettuce, mayo and some chilli sauce. Wow, it was still piping hot when I took my first bite. It was good! The pattie was soft and together with the egg, it was juicy and tasty. With the crunchiness of the lettuce, the sweetness of the mayo and the softness of the bread, my goodness, I think it was a good breakfast. Uncle has really made my day! I am someone who does not like to gobble down my food or eat while I work. I always enjoy and treasure those moments just savouring the food. Unfortunately, sometimes at work, food has to be gobbled down in probably fifteen minutes. In my previous workplace, early in the morning, my one hand would be on the steering wheel and the other would be holding my two slices of bread. At times, I just don’t like to rush…I really would like to slow down but does my environment allow me to? Sometimes, I just feel I do not belong to this part of the world...Hmm, well, but I think I can be a little stubborn and rebellious at times :P

Got an egg tart from Mark in the morning, but it was until in the late afternoon that I really got to sit down and savour it. Heated it up in the oven, woo..oo, filling melted in my mouth and crust has got the right crisp and texture. I am not really a tarty person but thought that was kinda delicious. Thank you Mark for always sharing nice food with me :) Goodness, I feel like I am a glutton at times :P

2 comments:

  1. Yo, are you still wet in your ears. This is not the Ramly burger. It is called ... "Super burger". Just tell uncle Osman "Super Burger" and he'll know what you want.

    Remember! when you are hungry, it's a job for "Super Burger"

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was Alan and Jason who recommended me dat and they told me it's Ramly burger :P Anyway, whether it's Ramly or Super, u are rite, it sure satisfies my hunger pangs, hee!

    ReplyDelete