Sunday, November 22, 2009

Boon's kitchen - fried rice paradise

A close up of every grain :P...My father commented that it's not that fragrant enough, the rice did not take in the essence of the ingredients and they did not really blend as one, he added that my style of frying rice seemed similar to my mummy (well, I watched her when she cooked :P), both of us still need to work on it. Well, good or not good, fragrant or not, three of us finished every grain of the fried rice in the frying pan :P Well, good job, silly gal!

With the rice!

Without the rice...

Ingredients for fried rice...long beans, carrot, chinese mushrooms, roast pork and garlic



Bought wanton skin and thought I made some wanton soup with cai xin. It's kinda easy making those wanton but the fillings could be improved. I could have probably added spring onion, prawn paste and a little minced chestnut together with the minced pork. But well, I just made do with whatever that's in the fridge :P My father's comments: too bland (but my mummy thought it's fine) and the wanton and vegetables a little overcooked.

Have I ever shared that cooking can be therapeutic? Well, it is and I have always believed in that. Once in a while, I will find time to cook, hmm, not exactly to cook up a storm :P but just have the theme centre around simplicity. I have always wanted to try stir frying long beans with rice and see what kinda fried rice I would get. It has been a real long time since my mummy really cooked that too. Thus, today, I thought of cooking that my style :P Well, I guess there's always room for improvement hearing all the comments I have got from my father :P

No comments:

Post a Comment