Sunday, November 8, 2009

My Sister's Keeper

I remember my sis asking me some time back if I have read the book “My Sister’s Keeper” by Jodi Picoult. She kinda recommended that book and told me that she cried reading that book. I was thinking that must be really touching but unfortunately, have not got started on that book yet. Told myself that I must catch the movie “My Sister’s Keeper” when it’s showing in cinemas. I did…I feel that it’s a story about the greatest love of all, about perceptions of love and about letting go…I like the story, just the story, simple as that. I was really tearing and crying for the last forty minutes of the movie, goodness, maybe it’s just me. It’s about two months away from X’mas but I looked like Rudolph the reindeer with that red nose when I walked out of the cinema. I am always amazed how those actors and actresses cry so beautifully when we watch them on television, their tears flowing so beautifully down their cheeks like drops of dew making their way down a blade of leaf, so gentle and filled with much poise. Well, frankly speaking, I think my face looked like a mess after crying. My eyes still kinda hurt now from crying, silly cry baby :P But then again, I feel that crying does not signify weakness and it does not always express sadness too. It could be tears of gratitude, joy, happiness or in moments when you are touched. I know I can be so easily touched. But anyway, I think it’s really all right to cry, it’s certainly a way of expressing oneself, a way of letting out too. Thus, cry if you must, it’s ok…

Hmm, I just wanna say I am thankful for the family that I have from the day I was born. XF, you’re thought of…miss ya much sis. Looking forward to seeing ya in Dec! Looking forward to creating havoc in your apartment! I will bring along my accomplice – Roller aka Purple, hee hee! Oh yes, would love to meet Purple’s pinky twin! Till we meet in about a month’s time, you are in my thoughts, love ya!

2 comments:

  1. Create havoc? You are suppose to be here to help clean, wash and cook!! :PP See you v soon in Dec. Dress warm!!

    ReplyDelete