Sunday, June 27, 2010

Last day in Basel

Fried rice! Everyone had a big bowl of it :P

Time to cook dinner...Bak Kuh Teh (from instant mix :P)

The host (multi-tasking: replying emails and watching World Cup) :P ...plaited hair done by me

The bottles of ice tea I have tried...it's not only three, I have drunk more than three for the whole trip, seemed like an addiction :P

The people by the river...

The river...

The bridge...

It was a sunny day, took a walk to the city centre of Basel and the river, wondering how many times have I walked there :P It was not even a weekend and the streets were packed with people, maybe people were out for lunch. Still wondering why some could just sat by the sidewalk cafe and enjoy coffee and food for a pretty long time, looking so relaxed and having lots to chat about with others. Hmm, lots to learn from them about enjoying life :P I bought a bretzel (with ham and butter) for lunch and just walked by the river. A good day for a bottle of cold ice tea too!
Left Basel the next day, it was a train ride to Zurich airport in the early morning. Had mixed feelings, missed home but I know I will miss my days in Basel too, will miss Rune (keeping me company for most nights), Sidney, cooking in the kitchen and most of all, the host...hugz (KNS :P)

No comments:

Post a Comment