Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Just a simple miracle

It seemed like ages since I last had teh si and soft boiled eggs, decided to have them for dinner today, coupled with kaya toast. Took my own sweet time to allow drips of dark soya sauce to fall on the soft runny eggs, it's always interesting to look at how each drip of it spill over the smooth surface of the eggs and makes its way kinda like how a channel of water in a creek flows, some hidden passages along the way...creating a pretty interesting piece of art at times I must say :P As I took a sip of hot teh si, looked at the ceiling, those white ceiling fans were twirling. A Chinese song was playing in the background, seemed nice and gentle to the ears. My eyes were fixed on one of the ceiling fans for a while, the surrounding was filled with conversations but the fan and the music seemed to get more of my attention.

Thought about a text that was sent by an ex-colleague, she wished she could learn to be abit more positive. Hmm, maybe positivity does exist in every one of us, maybe it has always been there in us all the time, it's just a matter of whether we want to and choose to face it? Some would probably deny it or shun it. Maybe it's really not an easy route to positivity and hence, we choose the other route which seems safer? I don't know. We don't have many years in our lives, do we? What would our life stories be like as we look back?

Another Chinese song was playing in the background. I finished my last bit of teh si and looked at the empty cup and plates in front of me...a simple miracle for the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment