Thursday, December 2, 2010

Happiness across borders

I was at Page One @ ViVoCity, have always liked quiet bookstores. I always like the fact that the books over there are always placed neatly on the shelves and nicely wrapped with plastic, ha, no one book seemed to be out of place when I was there yesterday. Well, me being me, took my own sweet time to browse through the books in the bookstore, went from one section to the other. I came across a couple of shelves, I should say almost a whole bookcase that had books related to happiness...ways to be happy, tips to happiness, journey to happiness, how to lead a happier life, happiness in your life, learning to be happier...all forms and ways to communicate happiness and the way to it. I kinda smiled, hmm, not really coz I was happy to see so many books related to happiness but I thought it's pretty interesting to see many of this kinda books. Does that mean that we need instructions and guidance to be happy? Does that mean or show that we are mostly a bunch of unhappy human beings? Does that mean that some of us have forgotten how to be happy in our lives? Well, I guess it's not for me to judge. There was this book "The World Book of Happiness" that was displayed all over the entrance. Amongst all other books related to happiness, this simply got my attention. Guess what I was looking at when I browsed through the pages, ha, I was looking at the pictures and photographs in there, kinda captivated by a few. I love the way how some would use pictures to relate or communicate a message or a text. I feel that the role of that picture in bringing out that message would then be a critical one. Anyway, decided to buy that book, that was a quick decision made :P Was reading the book last night, interesting perspectives from different experts and professors all over the world. They call themselves positive psychologists. I feel that there's a whole world of happiness to be discovered, uncovered and learnt globally. Well, this book should be kinda like my bedtime stories every night before I go to sleep :P Goodness, I have been buying books, I better make sure I catch up on my reading :P

No comments:

Post a Comment