Thursday, December 9, 2010

Tofu and prawn croquette


Saw a piece of tofu in the refrigerator and decided to make a dish out of it. Mash the piece of tofu. Diced some prawns and kinda mash them till they were like prawn paste, pretty sticky. Mixed the tofu and prawn paste together, added an egg and seasoning. Placed the mixture into the steamer and I think I waited for almost ten minutes for the mixture to be steamed. Let it cool and cut it into smaller pieces. Coated each piece with egg white and then bread crumbs. The last step would be to deep fry those pieces. I am not really good at deep frying. I was really kinda fearful when I was about to put my first piece into the hot oil. Thank goodness, everything went well. Hee, it's my first time preparing this. Hmm, not too bad, crispy on the outside and soft in the inside. But I think I still need to improve on the seasoning. I was also thinking maybe I could prepare a kinda sauce to go with this. My father saw me busy in the kitchen and asked,"Thinking of changing job, is it?" Hmm... :P

No comments:

Post a Comment