Monday, May 16, 2011

At the mahjong table

Hmm, this picture certainly does not really match the content of my post but took this picture while lazing at my friend's place eating soya bean curd...After a night of mahjong, we stayed overnight at my friend's place, it was really a lazy Sunday morning the next day...yawn!

I think I first played mahjong with my grandparents and siblings. The three of us were still kiddos when our grandparents taught us. Ha, my father wasn't really happy about us learning how to play mahjong :P If I can still remember correctly, we had that mahjong table in our Whampoa three-room flat and my late grandfather was trying to go round the table to give advice as the three of us were playing with my grandmother. As a child, I don't think I know how to strategise so that I could win big bucks. Well, as an adult now, I still think that I don't know how to strategise, I probably do not even know the rules of the game well :P Just last weekend, was at a friend's place to play mahjong. They were talking foreign language to me at the mahjong table, I didn't understand some of the terms mentioned but thank goodness, my friends were patient and tried explaining to me certain rules (or maybe coz we were not using real money :P). Oh my, but I think I still went away a little blur, numbers have a way of causing confusion in my life at times. Sigh, my number sense is really poor... But guess I did learn a little at the mahjong table that night, well, at least I am not the biggest loser :P

2 comments:

  1. so when is my turn to win your money (real one of cos!)? A long overdue one which you have promised me.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops, ha :P I should say that you are really a professional mahjong player k and I am just really a beginner or should I say I was just playing for fun, haha! ...Still feel that mahjong's not really my cup of tea at times, too stupid for that :P

    ReplyDelete