Sunday, May 8, 2011

Siew mai, har gao, char siew bao

Sometimes, I think I eat the darnest things that most ladies won't eat :P I loved these chicken feet or hmm, do they have a more elegant name for these? Anyway, one of my favourites for dim sum!

I think really good char siew has a way of melting in your mouth...this char siew was good but I wish there could be more char siew filling :P

The har were fresh...okie, not too bad

Shanghai xiao long bao...soup is fine but I thought the skin was a little thick.

My father wanted to try the chicken with szechuan sauce...pretty spicy and reminded me of ma la steamboat

Had dim sum with my parents yesterday afternoon, kinda a late lunch for us. We liked Old Hong Kong Taste at Serangoon Gardens when we went during the Chinese New Year period early this year. It was almost half past two in the afternoon and the restaurant was still quite crowded. Ha, I wonder if there's a quiet place to eat dim sum but well, maybe the authentic environment for eating dim sum is supposed to be noisy and filled with people :P Hmm, despite the crowd, service was still good and fast when we were there on Saturday. We ordered six kinds of dim sum, chicken and a plate of noodles. Ha, quite a lot I should say for just the three of us. Food wasn't that oily and salty but we seemed to agree that the food wasn't as great as it was the first time we went there early this year. A little disappointing for us I guess...

No comments:

Post a Comment