Friday, May 6, 2011

Here I come again...cooking up a little something

A dish that I had been wanting to try for quite some time...petai with prawns in nonya sambal sauce from Prima Taste. Petai was a little hard, was wondering if I had put them in boiling water long enough before stir-frying.

Loved the crunchiness of the bean sprouts in the egg :) Was thinking of what else could be added to the eggs together with the bean sprouts but in the end, I think the mere and sole existence of the bean sprouts had pleasantly surprised me with its simple yet delectable taste.

Stir fried the bean sprouts with fish sauce first before placing them on the beaten eggs in the saucepan to form bean sprouts omelette.

Two of my friends had asked if I have been cooking recently, having not spotted any 'sign' of cooking in my blog for the past month. Indeed, I was a little tied up with the completion of a few of my assignments that I was probably not in the mood to cook up something. Two days ago, I was studying for my final test but just simply felt that I could not really concentrate, could not sit properly even. You know, when the desire or the mood to cook comes, denying it is simply not doing justice to yourself :) Closed my book and headed to the supermarket with some ideas which I would like to try out for dinner that day.

No comments:

Post a Comment