Sunday, May 29, 2011

Chilli Padi

Chempedak chendol...XF and I shared this, lovely and authentic, well, at least to me. Not really sure what kinda fruit chempedak is but I think this is really one of the best chendol I have tasted besides those in Malacca.

Fresh soursop...Didi's dessert, had the whole bowl to himself coz apparently, he's the only one who fancies this exotic fruit. I think he was really enjoying his dessert :P My parents also enjoyed the pulot hitam.

Bak wan kepetin...XF loved this soup. Not bad to me, seemed a little different from what I usually taste. We also had the chap chye, good! :)

Ayam bua kuluak...you really need to eat this with rice, gravy's generous and fantastic, the meat was also tender.

Yes! Finally got to eat fish head, wonder when was the last time I had one, was craving for the huge eye and the tender flesh surrounding the eye of the fish head. Hmm, although gravy was nice, we felt that maybe the fish head had been cooked for too long.

Sotong hitam...loved this! Squid with black ink, squid was fresh and it's simply yummy! But I think only Didi and I seemed to savour this dish. The rest are probably not into black ink squid :P

Ngoh hiang...skin was crispy and the fillings were fresh, real delicious when dipped in sweet sauce and sambal belacan

XF and Didi are back in town. Besides packing their stuff in our old house, I guess the next important agenda for them whenever they are back would be eating. Didi suggested having Nonya food for lunch so we decided to head to Joo Chiat Place for some Nonya food at Chilli Padi. It has been a long time since we last had a meal there. Eating spicy food for the first time since I recovered from my sore throat and persistent cough :P Yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment