Friday, May 27, 2011

French beans or long beans


Mummy decided that we should use long beans for fried rice, instead of using french beans all the time. I thought that was a good suggestion, it turned out pretty well, as nice as french beans, if not, better :P As usual, prepared a variety of ingredients...long beans, carrots, button mushroom, char siew and eggs. Decided to fry some of those small ikan bilis to add on top of the fried rice for garnishing. No regrets! Loved the crunchiness with every mouthful of the fried rice. Some will say that the aesthetics is not important in cooking but somehow I beg to differ. I like my food to be pretty too, it does have a way of cheering me up and it seems to also make me enjoy my food more. Well, a simple meal of fried rice but satisfying :)

No comments:

Post a Comment