Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Oops, its dim sum again...

It's supposed to ooze out and it did...the interesting blend of sweetness and saltiness had a way of delighting the taste buds.

Prawn paste fried chicken...they were piping hot when served. Not really a fan of fried chicken but I thought I liked the taste of it. Real crispy on the outside and tender inside.

Too early for rice dumplings?...Nah, dun think so. We tried the huge dumpling, lotsa lean meat. Nice but I still prefer nonya rice dumplings.

Panfried yam with pumpkin in between...like the sweetness of the pumpkin in between the taro

XO carrot cake with bean sprouts...pretty spicy and reminded me of the kinda carrot cake I had in Penang. Well, anything with bean sprouts will somehow be tempting to me.

Ha, this is always my favourite :P

Caught up with a group of friends (secondary school friends) and we had lunch at The Cathay Restaurant. Had mostly dim sum. Hmm, not bad but I wouldn't say it's awesome. I remember asking a friend of mine some time ago where can we get really wonderful dim sum in Singapore coz I dun think I have really tasted really awesome ones that are considered unforgettable. Most that I had tasted were pretty decent I guess. The above are just some of my personal favourites at The Cathay Restaurant, ha, we ordered quite a few others too.

No comments:

Post a Comment