Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Tofu with mushroom + wolfberries


In addition to Mummy's braised chicken, she suggested that we should cook the piece of tofu in the refrigerator for dinner too and I volunteered to do that. Took a peek into the refrigerator to look for other ingredients that could go with tofu. Happy to find mushroom, got some carrots and wolfberries out from the refrigerator too. Steamed the tofu first and then stir fried the rest of the ingredients, added some water and sauces. Thickened the gravy and added a beaten egg, hoping to add a little texture to the dish. Had the gravy all over the steamed tofu. I simply loved to eat my own simple creation (silly gal!), I think the wolfberries had added some sweetness to the dish. Mummy said I must have had eaten too much heaty food outside and that explained the bad throat and the loss of voice. I have a feeling I am gonna have lotsa homecooked food the next few days :P

No comments:

Post a Comment